This product requires age verification to prove you are over 18. Where possible we will use the electoral register, but proof of age via email may be required. Click here for full details.
The Opinel Carbon Steel range of knives provides traditional, practical, everyday knives that offer excellent quality and design. Available with a 7, 8, 8.5, 9 and 10 cm blade, there is a knife for every situation!
These knives features a carbon steel blade which is extremely strong and robust, guaranteeing cutting quality, good wear resistance and easy regrinding. As carbon can carrode, it is advised to avoid using the knife in damp locations and to wipe and grease the blade after use. The handle is made from French beech which is hard, durable and easy to work with.
The knives have a Virobloc safety ring, invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955. Made from stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding. In addition to locking the blade open, it is also possible to lock the blade closed.
The Carbon range is available in the following sizes:
- No. 6: 7 cm blade - Ideal for outdoor activities and sports, plus daily manual work such as small crafts and sewing.
- No. 7: 8 cm blade - Ideal for small DIY projects, camping and the perfect picnic knife.
- No. 8: 8.5 cm blade - Popular for fisherman and hunters; the ideal outdoor activities knife.
- No. 9: 9 cm blade - Reliable and robust, a tool for all handymen.
- No. 10: 10 cm blade - Used for outdoor activities, including tasks such as trimming branches and working with dense materials.
- Tinted, varnished beech handle
- High carbon steel
- Yatagan blade
- Virobloc safety ring