The Lanksy Tactical Sharpening Rod (LCD02) is the ideal sharpener for various knives, providing a retractable 600 grit diamond rod and a tungsten carbide tip. The tungsten carbide can be used for quickly setting an edge and restoring a damaged or dull blade. The diamond rod can refine the edge and can sufficiently be used alone for regular maintenance.
The metal casing of the sharpening rod is rugged and knurled, providing non-slip comfort when using the sharpener.
Instructions for use:
- Draw the knife blade through the Tungsten Carbide slot 3 to 4 times to sharpen the blade
- Open the tactical rod by gripping the casing firmly and twisting the cylinder at the end anti-clockwise
- Let the tactical rod come all the way out of the casing and then twist the cylinder at end clockwide to lock the rod in place
- Place the end fo the sharpener on a stable surface at an angle and draw the knife edge down the rod as if you were tryin got slice a thin layer off the rod. Repeat this motion 3 to 4 times using a light to moderate pressure
- Repeat step 4 on the other side of the blade
- Sharpening angles are preset at 22.5º to achieve a 45º inclusive angle
- Diamond 600 grit
- Do not apply oil to Diamond surface - clean with water and wipe shavings away with a lint free rag